Monday, April 9, 2012

Where is my focus? Where is my heart?


My goodness!  I needed an attitude adjustment today!

It started yesterday afternoon, being angry with myself for not using my brain.  Then continuously having the error in my decision pointed out to me.  Those who were “pointing out” my error were only suggesting solutions to a situation and were trying to be helpful.  However in their help, it felt like my lapse in judgment was being rubbed in my face.   I knew then and now that my reaction was me being overly sensitive, and my pride was hurt.  But I couldn’t seem to shake the funk that the whole situation put me in.  I thought sleep would help.

Sleep didn’t help in the slightest.  I woke up this morning feeling the exact same way I was feeling yesterday afternoon.  Blech!  I really don’t like it when that happens.  And, to top it off, I woke up late.  So, feeling sorry for myself, and in a hurry, I left for work.  Every step I took this morning was the wrong one!

I get to work, and I snapped at co-workers, and just sort of stewed in my crabbiness.  Then I saw my Pastor’s wife Rebekah posted this verse on Facebook: Galatians 6:7 “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”  *SMACK* It felt like I had just been smacked upside my head with a “Knock it off, Lisa!”  Where was my focus?  Where was my heart?  It was certainly not on my Lord, where it should be.

I let my focus waiver for just a moment, and the repercussions were … well let’s just say, I’m glad that God was able to get my attention quickly.  I was being REEEEEDICULOUS!   

 So, if anyone reading this was in anyway harmed, offended, or even slightly irritated with my attitude … I sincerely apologize.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I don't know you very well, yet. But what I do know is that you are a very godly woman. God has a plan for you, lady. Stay focused because I want to see how God uses you! :)

    ReplyDelete